Welcome to GerbilWelfare.com! We want to thank you for visiting and hope you find the answers to your gerbil-related questions.
We’ve covered everything from feeding gerbils to the important information about the health and wellbeing of your pet.
Why Visit GerbilWelfare?
The members of our team own or have owned gerbils in the past. Of course, it was always difficult to find accurate information about gerbils.
The only info you could find was written by other owners, and while some were clearly experts, many were inexperienced. This led to lots of misinformation about diet, health, and welfare being spread.
That’s why we decided to set up Gerbil Welfare. Our approach is to:
- To keep our language precise and get rid of jargon,
- Make our step-by-step guides simple, and
- Only use information backed up by experience and know-how, and scientific reports/research.
That’s why you can rely on us. We don’t create facts or make false assumptions. Everything you can find here on this site is backed up by real scientific evidence and years of experience.
Gerbils are popular pets. If you’re like most people, you’ll either have owned one or known someone who owned one. But even though they’re so popular, many people don’t know how to take care of them properly.
We noticed that there were almost no quality resources online to find information about gerbils. There certainly weren’t any backed up by facts and figures from scientific reports.
If you take bad care of a gerbil, it can easily get sick. And given that they’re frequent children’s pets, that means lots of gerbils die or get sick before they get old. Given that gerbil care can be so easy, that’s a sad fact.
So, to help owners and parents of children with gerbils, we decided to set up this site.
Who Are We?
My name is Louise Cartwright, and I love gerbils! I owned two gerbils called Cloudy and Ginger for three years when I was younger. Before I had one, I never realized how fun, excitable, and cuddly gerbils could be. I help create all the content on this site.
The idea is to create an online gerbil resource by owners and for owners.
Useful Gerbil Resources
- Adopt a Pet https://www.adoptapet.com/s/gerbil-adoption
- Pet Finder https://www.petfinder.com/pet-care/small-and-furry-care/gerbil-care/
Help and Advice
- Royal Society for the Protection of Animals (RSPCA) https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/pets/rodents/gerbils
- National Gerbil Society http://gerbils.co.uk/
- The Gerbil Forum https://gerbilforum.proboards.com
- See our Youtube page GerbilWelfare.com on Youtube